I Hate Mercedes

Sugar Daddy used to have a BMW convertible. I loved that car. We had a deal for when he went out of town. I'd give him a ride to the airport and I would get to drive the car while he was gone. I took that car to happy hours, to Tucson, to Prescott, out on dates. And, I looked good while I was driving it.

He sold it to buy a Mercedes E class that he got online. I hated that car. It looked like a 70 year old man should be driving it. And, it replaced my car. I never drove it.

The E class was a lemon and he replaced it with a Mercedes C55 that he's still driving today. I've never liked that car, either. It does have a lot of gizmos that are fun but it's totally impractical. Despite being a four-door sedan, the back seat can only comfortably fit midgets and every trip to the shop is at least $500.

I didn't hate this car, however, until this week.


I had picked out the perfect Christmas present for Sugar Daddy. I was going to get him signed up for Sirius. I'd seen it advertised for less than $150 and it would allow him to continue to listen to Howard Stern (blech). Since we don't carpool anymore, it meant I wouldn't have to listen to Howard. It was all good.

Here's the thing...the C55 is prewired for satellite. You'd think it would be a painless, simple process to get it installed. You'd be wrong. It actually costs around $1,000 to install Sirius into a Mercedes and you need to do it at the dealership. Now, I like Sugar Daddy and want to give him a great present but he's not worth $1,000. That's more than my cruise is going to cost, for God's sake!

So, the perfect Christmas present is ruined thanks to the overpriced lump of metal.


I hate Mercedes.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020