Dinner Review

Cowboy Ciao changed our menu a bit for tonight's dinner.

Bonus: they added a complimentary glass of wine. Sweet! We had a choice of Chardonnay or a Pinot Noir. I know this may be hard to believe considering how much I talk about my love of wine but there is one type I don't really care for and it's Chardonnay. Too much oak. Our whole group picked the Pinot Noir.

Neutral: they added a fourth main dish. It was some kind of nut encrusted salmon. Since salmon is fishy with bones and therefore gross, I didn't really care.

Negative: no bread pudding on the dessert option.

Bonus: they turned dessert into one option. It was a combo of the Elvis, a lemon tart and two cookies.

I chose the mixed green salad for my first course, the Testosterone Salad for my second and the dessert sampler (though they did offer to let us order off the dessert menu since we were clearly disappointed about the lack of bread pudding).

The mixed greens were good, not extraordinary. The Testosterone Salad, however, was extraordinary. There wasn't a huge amount of beef but what was there was melt in your mouth yummy. The bourbon soaked cherries were really good, too.

The dessert sampler was quite tasty as well. Since I sorta forgot about my big dinner at lunch, I overate then. So, I only ate my tort which was quite tasty, had two small bites of the Elvis which was good but a little too much on the peanut butter and a tiny nibble of one of the cookies which tasted like a thin chocolate brownie. A very good chocolate brownie. Stacey was more than happy to take home my leftovers.

It was a good dinner with the only disappointment being the wine flight that both Cyndi and I chose. It was a set of Washington whites: a Pinot Gris, Riesling (my favorite) and a Gewurztraminer. The Gris was the best of the lot, the Riesling was average and the Gewurtz was a complete disappointment. It wasn't sweet at all and almost tasted off. Because wasting alcohol is a sin, I managed to drink mine but I couldn't finish Cyndi's even though she gave it to me.

I would definitely go back to Cowboy Ciao and would recommend it at as well. Good stuff.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020