Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

For some folks, Sundays are the Lord's day, or a day to spend with the family or a day to recover from Saturday night. While I often do the latter, Sunday is Sports day for me. And, what a great Sunday it was!

Football

I can't tell if I'm becoming a Jets fan or if it's just Favre love or Cardinal's hatred (ok, hatred is a tad strong but I just can't root for that team even though they're from here). But, I was totally into the game yesterday. It didn't hurt that we started Favre and Jets RB Leon Washington.

Washington only scored us 6.3 points but we got a whopping 45.56 from Brett. SIX TOUCHDOWNS! Yes, six touchdowns against the Cardinals kind of lessens the impact but still. The man can still play. I must now recant my, "Brett, you retired so stay retired like a man" view with a "Woo-hoo, show those guys you can still play, Brett!"

We're going into tonight's game with a 86.86 to 75.98 lead over Crash. We have Hines Ward going tonight and she has Rashard Mendenhall. I like our chances but anything can happen.

I won the Yahoo! Pick 'Em at work this week so I'll be getting a little jingle for my pockets.

I smoked The Rocket Scientist at Yahoo! Pick 'Em this week so maybe he'll stop mentioning how he's doing better than I am at that. I did tell him I start out slowly but that I'll be up there by the time the season is over.

Bummer that Green Bay lost. That was the only downside for the day. Of course, the Cowgirls losing almost made up for that one.

NASCAR

I recorded the race on my DVR and I started watching after the first football game. It's nice when you can fast forward through the intro stuff and the commercials. Jimmie started on the pole, thanks to a penalty against Juan Pablo Montoya.

JJ looked sharp from the start and led the most laps. But, it wasn't a total breeze. Carl Edwards, Casey Mears and Matt Kenseth all looked good, too, at various points.

The last few laps were tense and the last lap was unbelievable! You should look at the highlight. Edwards tried to use a move from a video game (yeah, really, he did) where you can bounce off the wall to make the pass. It didn't work out the way he wanted, obviously. I imagine the shop guys might be a little unhappy about fixing the damage but maybe they're video racers, too, and thought it was cool.

Jimmie's win put him back into First place but the season is far from over.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020