Exercise Sucks

I was having a great evening at home. George was behaving, I'd just finished a book and was getting ready to start another when I decided to get something to drink out of the fridge. As I reached for a water (believe it or not), I saw my sports drink and an awful thought came to my mind.

"Oh, crap! I have to exercise tonight."

Ugh. I'd blocked it out completely. I knew I had to do it, though, because I want to get my two weekly workouts in before our weigh-in on Thursday and I'm going out tomorrow night. That leaves tonight, tomorrow morning (not likely) and Wednesday to get them in.

I've heard tales of people who say they feel exhilarated, even euphoric after exercise. Some crap about endorphins. Not me. After 30 minutes on the bike, I'm exhausted, sweaty and smelly. Those are things a Princess should never be. Know when I feel endorphins? When I sip on a cold beer or an especially good glass of wine.

I'm trying to get some sense of satisfaction from knowing that I have one workout done now...nope, not feeling anything but sweaty.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020