Hotter Than Hades

A while back, The Rocket Scientist and I decided to see what ASU football games we could go to this year. After comparing our schedules to ASU's, the only one that was OK for us was the October game against Oregon so I bought us two tickets. We're both Alumni so it's both of ours school.

There were four tickets in the Parrot Grande silent auction for tickets for last night's game against Stanford. I consulted with TRS before I bid on them to see if we were both free and we were and I was lucky enough to get them at a great price.

So, I invited Steven and my poker chick/former bookseller friend Chris to go with us. We decided to tailgate and got to the parking lot about 4:30 to enjoy some beers and dinner before the game. It was a tad warm but not horribly so.

It was horribly so once we got into the stadium. Oy vey. We had great seats in the end zone but they were lacking one critical thing. Airflow. It was probably 105 degrees with no breeze at all. I didn't survey everyone else but I had sweat through all my layers of clothes and I don't think my underwear ever got completely dry again.

I did ask TRS why we hadn't bought tickets to the game since we were both available and he said, "Because we knew it was going to be effing hot out." Oh, yeah. That sounded familiar after he said it.

The weather actually got bearable, though. Unfortunately, it wasn't until half way through the 4th quarter. I've never drunk more water (and no alcohol) at a sporting event in my life but it kept me from being completely dehydrated so that was a good thing.

It was worth it since ASU, after a shaky start, dominated Stanford and came out on top with a score of 41-17. However, I'm looking forward to the October game when I won't be a human sweat factory.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020