If It Weren't For Random Luck, I'd Have No Luck At All

I think I'd rather be lucky than good. It seems to work better for me.

The Diamondbacks pulled through for me and scored a final score of 1 to fill out my 13 Run Pool. I've got a check for a cool $300 coming my way. Sweet! Through no skill at all, I was a winner. Good luck.

We had a couple of raffles at Parrot Grande. There were separate Friday and Saturday raffles and if you bought Mulligans for the golf tourney, you got into another raffle. The Rocket Scientist and I got off the golf course to check the latter raffle's results. I won three prizes. He won none. Good luck for me, not so much for him.

I was on my way to check my Friday raffle numbers when I got held up in the restaurant talking to some folks. (I got held up a lot over the weekend and mostly it was in the bar. Coincidence? I think not.) TRS came by after checking his losing numbers so I gave him mine to check. He knew there was at least one winner in there and there was. He came back carrying a wooden tiki bar sign that I had won. Good luck.

Sunday morning, TRS was on ticket checking duty again. This time he actually won one prize. He picked up my golf raffle winnings and somehow I had ended up with a fourth prize in that one. I also won a set of Corona glasses. Good luck, again.

Friday night, we were playing poker and my luck turned. And, it was The Rocket Scientist who benefited. He beat my on the river twice (maybe three times, it was ridiculous) and flopped a boat against me (though he thinks he got it on fourth street) that crushed me. I ended up having to re-buy and I was out one hand later when I went all in with one card to go and ahead in the hand and my caller hit a straight. Bad luck for me.

I wasn't too good of a sport (but, then, when am I?) and I called him a few bad names which he enjoyed. And, I threatened to leave him there since we came in my car but he's too clever for me – he had the car keys. I also told him he better not squander all of my chips and he didn't as he was the big winner for the night. Good luck for him and good playing, too. He was en fuego with the calculated calls.

I won't go into (again!) the Brady debacle where I thought I was being skillful but the bad luck was still with me on Sunday.

I'm fully expecting a turn around, though. I should probably buy a lottery ticket to give myself the maximum chance for random luck to pay off for me.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020