Revenge

I'm sooo tired.

The demon, er, I mean George, is determined to not let me sleep through a full night. Every 2 or 3 hours, she decides it's play time and attacks my feet or my hands in the hopes that I'll react and interact. I usually can put her off until 5 AM or so.

If I don't give in by then, she moves on to activities guaranteed to get my attention. The first is to jump on to my nightstand and knock as many items off it as she can. The second is to jump up and swipe at a shell hanging that I got at PG that's hanging above the bed. (Which I managed to hang without The Rocket Scientist's help, BTW.)

I eventually give in and play with her for about an hour until I have to get ready to for work. By the time I leave, she's exhausted and ready for napping. Am I bitter that she gets to nap while I slave to keep her in kitten chow? A bit.

I stayed home from work today which put a crimp in her napping schedule. Every hour or so as she was curled up on the bed next to me, I'd reach over and tickle her chin or blow on her ears or give her a big loud smooch on top of her head. Anything to disturb her resting. It was fun and just a little payback for my disturbed sleep.

By this time of night, she's usually a maniac and running all over the house and me. Not tonight. She's completely wiped out. I hope it lasts through the night but, just to be sure, I'm going to go jostle her a bit.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020