Too Soon, Too Sudden

He was a Big Deal.



We lost a very dear friend last week. Eric, AKA Cheap Bastard, AKA Catnip. It was shocking and sudden and tragic and I want to cry every time I think about him.

I was exchanging emails with him on Wednesday about Fantasy Football and he was actually working on his team when he had a stroke. Annette was there to call the paramedics but the doctors weren't able to save him.

It's just so hard to fathom how someone with so much energy, who was always on the go and making plans could be gone so suddenly and abruptly.

He's leaving behind an incredibly huge hole in our lives. There are so many things that we've done with Eric and Annette and so many things that we had planned to do. Trips to Key West, Rocky Point, Vegas and Laughlin. Parrot Head events in general. Competing to be the Last Man Standing, playing Hold 'Em, Blackjack and video poker (and arguing about strategies), golfing, NASCAR. There are so many things that remind me of him.

He was one of my dearest friends and I will miss him forever.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020