Final Kitty Checkup

George had her final kitten checkup this morning. She's figured out that the carrier bag isn't a good thing and almost made an escape while I was putting her in there. The car trip over involved a lot of crying but only one serious attempt to get out of the bag.

The last time we were at the vet's, I let her out of her bag in the examining room and she was all over the place. She checked out the floor, the chairs, the counter and the sink before the doc came in. This time, I let her out of her bag and she crawled out on to the exam table where she sat for about 30 seconds then it was back into the bag. And, all the way into the bag as she curled up in to the tiniest kitten shape possible. I guess she's figured out what happens in that room isn't so fun for her.

The doc said she looks good and healthy then he gave her three shots. The first one got him a dirty look from her, the second got me two "how can you let this happen to me?" looks. I told her not to try to make me feel guilty because it's all to keep her healthy.

She easily went back into her carrier. I think she was looking forward to going home. I had her up on the assistant's counter while I was checking out and their office cat came over to say hi. She actually hissed at him which I've never seen her do. Poor baby. She really must not have felt OK.

The drive home was very quiet and she was ecstatic to be free once we arrived. They told me (like they have every time) that she may go off to hide or be lethargic because the shots can make a cat feel bad. She's clearly not a hider. While she wasn't running around, she did manage to jump up on the dining room table while I was sitting at it. I think that was a "Frak you" move to show that she was ticked off at me.

I can only imagine how she's going to be after her next visit in October when she gets spayed. I'm going to be in big trouble then.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020