So That Was What Free Time Felt Like

For the first time in over 12 months, I am not in the process of hiring or firing someone at work. It's so liberating! And, amazing how much I'm getting done when I don't have to worry about reading resumes, scheduling and conducting interviews and developing close relationships with head hunters. Honestly, I felt like I spent more time talking to those folks than some of my best friends.

To give you an idea on how busy I was, I actually got to clear off my To-Do list this week. What's incredible about that is that I didn't even have time to draw up To-Do lists in the past few months. OK, maybe that's just incredible to me so just trust me on that one.

Adding to my newly felt freedom was that we closed the books on Parrot Grande, our club's big weekend event. Moose and I co-chaired it this year and it gets quite crazy in the weeks leading up to it. It feels really good to not have to worry about that for a while at least.

So, I had a few days of open time where, while I had every day stuff to do, there was nothing pressing on the calendar. That was nice.

Of course, it's all over. I'm in the middle of confirming all of the Registration volunteers for our national Parrot Head convention coming up in Key West. That consists of emails back and forth to 100 people with some follow-ups as we get closer to the end of October.

Also coming up is our annual trip to Las Vegas to see Buffett. We charter a bus (the infamous Jello-Shot Express) and now is the time I have to seriously start dunning the people who haven't coughed up the dough yet. Then, as soon as I get the concert tickets, it's the craziness of sorting tickets and passing them out to everyone. Of course, that generally consists of at least one trip to a local bar so it's not such a bad thing.

I'm sure I'll find some other projects to fill up the available time left from Parrot Head stuff, Fantasy Football, NASCAR and keeping the demon happy. I don't know what I would do with available free time on a consistent basis. It just doesn't seem right.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020