New Kitten Games

I try to run George ragged before bedtime. I get her to chase the laser pointer up and down the hall and in circles until she drops. The circles are fun because she gets dizzy and it makes me laugh.

My hope is that right before I turn off the lights, she will be tired enough to do a little snuggle session with Mommy then we can both go off into the land of Nod. It seems like such a peaceful way to end the day.

What actually happens is that she will jump on the bed next to me and let me scratch her behind the ears for about three scratches. In that next instant, I have kitten attached to my arm via four sets of claws and one set of vampire teeth. Firmly attached. I can actually pick her up if I lift my arm.

I tell her, "George, Mommy's going to beat you if you do that again!" Which means nothing, apparently, because I never beat her and she knows it. I do push her away, turn off the light then carefully put all of my limbs firmly under the pillow or comforter so they have a buffer against the aforementioned teeth and claws.

Oh, she does want snuggles, though. But not when Mommy wants to do them. It's at 4 in the morning when she's nice and friendly. She just started a new routine where she perches on the dresser and watches me for any movement. As soon as I shift or open half an eye, she jumps on the bed and shoves her head under my hand so I will pet her.

I will half heartedly pet her for a bit until I look at the time and decide only the chickens should be up that early. I stop petting, hide my hands under the pillow and go back to sleep. George returns to the dresser to watch for another movement on my part.

The process repeats several times until I'm fully awake. Somehow, that factor changes it from nice petting back to kitten attached by claws and teeth.

She needs to work on her timing, though. This morning, she leapt as I was flopping over on to my side. We collided and she got bounced since I have a huge size advantage on her. Actually, that's probably the only advantage I have.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020