Party!

We had an appreciation party for the Arizona Parrot Head Club on Saturday night at a local hotel and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Considering how I felt on Sunday morning, I might have appreciated it a bit too much. Thank the heavens for Sunday afternoon naps!

Jessie playing for us.

The afternoon started out by the pool with entertainment by our own Sam Rainwater and other musical members of our club. I couldn't believe that I forgot my Vibra-slap. Again! I asked Sammy if he had brought his and he said no then followed up with, "You know why? Because I'm playing today." Ouch. That hurt. He said it was just a joke but I refused to agree that it was funny at all.

Steven having a good time.

Am I a bad Mom?

It was really nice outside. We enjoyed some brewskis and cigars and got to catch up with a lot of folks that we haven't seen in a while. Somehow, I ended up cash poor so Steven and The Rocket Scientist ended up buying for me the whole night. Sweet. I'll have to consider the plan again. (Insert evil laugh.)

We then moved on to dinner inside the hotel. I actually ate something...not sure what. I remember a hamburger and that's about it. I think it was good.

Our evening's entertainment (besides our club members) was Brent Burns. Brent's from Phoenix originally and he comes out to visit his folks quite often so it worked out well for all of us.

The Goat and the Unruly One on the dance floor.

What fun! Brent's great and everyone had a good time dancing and socializing. There was a post-party party out in the hotel bar as we didn't want the night to end.

Why were there boys in the girls' room?

Per usual, I ordered one beer too many that I couldn't finish. Julie tried to get me to stay up until 12 but I just couldn't. I headed back to the room with my nearly untouched Coors Light (yes, they ran out of Miller Lite) and couldn't wait until I got into my jammies and bed. I managed to stay awake until The Rocket Scientist made it back but I was out shortly thereafter.
Sunday morning came too early. I woke up at 6 and all I wanted to do was go back to sleep. Unfortunately, that was not to be. We were scheduled to meet the gang for breakfast at 9 and I dozed and tried to doze until the last possible minute. I perked up briefly during breakfast but it didn't last. George and I spent a lovely afternoon on the couch sleeping through the race and it was still an early night. Maybe, I'm not as good as I once was...

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020