Fringe

Part One of the post...

This is a digression before I even get to the main topic. I missed setting up Fringe to record for the first episode so I watched it on my new laptop. The picture was crystal clear. The sound was great if I plugged in earphones. There was no stuttering nor buffering issues in the playback.

Guess Vista on a new machine works pretty well.

There was one problem, though. Twice during the playback, I lost connection to my wireless router. Completely. It wouldn't even find the router again after a reboot. I had to unplug the router for a few seconds then plug it back in before my computer would both find it and recognize that the WEP key was correct.

I've never had that happen on the new machine so I have to think it's something to do with downloading and/or processing all that data. I googled Vista and Netgear (my router) and found several posts where people had issues with the two working together. Since I've been good since then, I'm going to file this under the "Annoying but livable" category and move on.

Part Two of the post...

OK, now about the show. I like it but I don't love it.

The sci-fi part is out there but believable. And, it's actually interesting enough to make me go, "Hmmm, could that work?" I then respond with a "No chance." But, at least it's fun to think about.

I think Joshua Jackson and John Noble are very good. However, the lead actress, Anna Torv, couldn't be more vanilla. The only scene I've related to her in was where she was sobbing her eyes out after her boyfriend died. I think I only responded to that because of recently losing someone near and dear to me.

Every time I see Mark Valley in a show, I can't help but wish that Keen Eddie were still around. He was so entertaining in that show. Not so much in Fringe.

I'll keep watching because it's sci-fi, new and somewhat intriguing. I'll stop watching if it becomes too predictable.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020